Friday, January 11, 2013

Full Circle

Well, we're going to see what happens here - it's been six years, so for all I know, this blog is still set to post to all sorts of places. It will probably email my mom... we'll see.

It's fascinating reading back through these old posts. As a writer, I can't get past the change in tone - I can tell it's still me, but it's obvious that it's a much younger me. Also struck by how little of an idea I had of what I wanted to do with myself.

In any case, it's been a while, I've lived a little, and now my attention turns once more to Mexico and South America. I've spent nearly five years working for uShip.com, a local Austin startup, and I've recently been tasked with launching and growing our Latin American sites. uShip Mexico launched in mid-July, with uShip Brasil and five other South American sites launching a couple of weeks later (we actually launched six sites in ten days - it was a little intense). The launches followed the LATAM premiere of 'Guerra de Envios', the Spanish version of 'Shipping Wars', which airs on A&E and features uShip transporters.

I actually dusted off the old blog trying to find my exact address on Calle Tokio, because a potential partner we are talking to offices on Reforma, and I wanted to see how far they were from my former residence. Turns out it's less than a kilometer, and a walk I made almost daily. Nuts. And by the way, I never really thought about it, but man, it would have been great to have had Google Maps when I lived down there - would have made the daily life of an ESL teacher considerably easier.

Maybe I'll write some more when I make it down there. Hoping to make it to Mexico, Brazil and perhaps Chile (big startup scene) in the not-so-distant future. Perhaps those new adventures will get their own stage.

Hi mom.





1 comment:

Mom said...

Hi Adam!